We usually just throw a scoop or two of amino acids into our shaker cup with some water and call it a day, but you can actually get pretty creative with the flavored powders.
These recipes, created by The Vitamin Shoppe nutritionist Jaclyn Jacobsen, transform the two newest flavors of BodyTech brand Critical Aminos XT—Sweet Tea and Pineapple—into two cool treats you’ll love.
Piña Colada Sorbet
To make this perfectly sweet piña colada sorbet, you’ll need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 2 scoops Pineapple BodyTech Critical Aminos XT
- 1 cup coconut water
All you have to do is blend and freeze!
Iced Tea Lemonade Cooler
Quite possibly the most refreshing way to get in an extra dose of amino acids, this Iced Tea Lemonade Cooler tastes like straight-up sunshine. It’s perfectly sweet and perfectly tart.
To make it, you’ll need:
- 4 scoops Critical Aminos XT Sweet Tea
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups water
- 4 fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups ice
About BodyTech Critical Aminos XT
The star ingredient of these recipes, BodyTech Critical Aminos XT, provides a number of fitness-friendly amino acids and other nutrients. In each scoop, you’ll score:
- glutamine and BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) to support muscle recovery and growth
- citrulline to boost nitric oxide production and circulation to your muscles
- carnitine to support energy production and recovery
- antioxidant benefits from vitamin C and grape seed extract
Critical Aminos XT tastes great mixed with water for intra-workout use, and absolutely heavenly in these recipes post-workout.