You’ve probably heard a thing or two (or a thousand) about collagen peptides. One thing you may not know, however, is that there are way more ways to get your daily dose beyond mixing it into your morning coffee.
Quick refresher: Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, found in our skin, nails, hair, joints, muscles, bones, and more. Our body produces collagen on its own, but this production declines as we age. To combat the rapidly dropping levels, many people choose to supplement with collagen powders.
So, ready to upgrade your collagen game? Here are four collagen snacks—one for every season of the year—that’ll perk up your skin, hair, nails, and taste buds!
Winter: Pecan Pie Collagen Bars
Whether you’re team pee-can or pe-kahn, there’s no debating the deliciousness of these pie-inspired collagen snacks. Whip up a batch to indulge your nutty cravings while giving your hair, skin, and nails some extra love.
4 scoops The Vitamin Shoppe Brand Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides Powder
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp warm water
2/3 cup plnt brand 100% Pure Raw Honey
½ tsp salt
3 cups pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together the base crust ingredients. Once combined, spread evenly in a parchment-lined 9×9 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly browned, then remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the collagen peptides with warm water until completely dissolved. Add the honey and salt and mix until well combined. Then, fold in pecans.
- Spread the pecan pie filling evenly on top of the cooled crust. Chill for one hour in the fridge.
- Cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
Fall: Candy Corn Collagen Popsicles
It’s not always easy finding healthy candy treats, but we’ve got you covered with these Candy Corn Collagen Popsicles. Made with BodyTech Oranges and Cream Whey Protein Isolate and The Vitamin Shoppe brand Pineapple Collagen Peptides, they’ll be the stars of your freezer!
1 cup coconut milk yogurt
1 scoop BodyTech Whey Protein Isolate Oranges and Cream
1 cup water or milk
1 scoop The Vitamin Shoppe brand Collagen Peptides Powder Pineapple
1 cup water
- Fill about one-third of popsicle molds with coconut milk, insert popsicle sticks, cover, place in the freezer, and freeze completely.
- Then, blend the orange layer ingredients until smooth, distribute among molds, and freeze again.
- Repeat same steps with yellow layer.
- Once completely frozen, remove and enjoy!
Spring: Collagen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Eggs
Your Easter egg hunt ends here. Made with clean ingredients and less sugar, these Collagen Chocolate & Peanut Butter Eggs by Instagram’s @TheFoodKimist put the packaged ones to shame.
*makes 12 eggs
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey and mix well. Add collagen and peanut powder and mix again until well combined.
- Use your hands to mold the peanut butter filling into 12 even, egg-shaped discs. Place on a large plate or serving tray and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes to firm up.
- Once firm, make the chocolate coating by whisking the coconut oil, stevia, and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Dip each peanut butter egg into the chocolate to coat. Then, place back onto the plate or tray. (For thicker coating, dip eggs again after first chocolate layer has solidified.) Chill in the fridge for 1 hour (or freezer for 30 minutes) to solidify. Enjoy!
Summer: Watermelon Lime Collagen Pops
The collagen snack of all collagen snacks, you can thank The Vitamin Shoppe nutritionist Brittany Michels for this summertime recipe, guaranteed to cool you off and get you glowing.
4 cups watermelon, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 scoops The Vitamin Shoppe brand Multi-Source Collagen
Optional: several mint sprigs
Blend all ingredients, pour into popsicle molds, freeze, and enjoy!