Sure, you can take months of prep classes and read every baby book that was ever written, but ask any seasoned parent what really helps you survive the newborn months, and they’ll answer: products specially designed to save your sanity.
Of course, with all of the options out there, it’s hard to know what’s legit. From colic drops to butt paste (fun!), these are the goods parents swear by.
- “I loved Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Bedtime lotion and bath wash. I swear there’s fairy dust in there, it works so well at calming her down for bedtime.” —Brandy N.
- “FridaBaby the Snotsucker! I’m one of those parents who likes to keep her kid’s nose clean at all times. This device keeps it clean, gets the hidden gems out from the back (less for the kid to deal with during the day), and of course, when she’s stuffy, it helps clear her nose up quicker.” —Chhayal M.
- “I’ve used Honest Company bath products—like the Sweet Orange Vanilla Shampoo and Body Wash—and diapers for both of my sons since they were born. The diapers are so adorable and good for the earth, and the lack of harmful chemicals in the bath products makes me happy. If there’s something that claims to keep my babies safe, I’m going to buy it. Plus, who doesn’t like to cover a sweet little butt with dinosaurs or sailboats?” —Laura P.
- “Boudreaux’s Butt Paste. It was sort of a gag gift for the name, but it worked best on the rashes the young one would get on his bum and legs. I recommend it to everyone.” —Jeff T.
- “Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion was big for us. It doesn’t have a lot of chemicals or fragrances that other lotions do, and our son never had a skin issue. I swear it’s because of this lotion.”—Chris P.
- “Mylicon gas relief drops made a huge difference—our first daughter had colic that seemed related to gas issues.” —Shana L.
- “Triple Paste medicated ointment! I was almost in tears trying to deal with such horrible diaper rash that appeared so quickly. This works wonders!”—Meghan K.
- “Oh man, the Fisher Price Rock ‘n Play, big time. My son would sleep in that when he wouldn’t sleep in anything else. Also, a good probiotic is a must.” —Kristina G.
Related: Peruse an assortment of infant and children’s supplements.
- “My little one was all about the Wubbanub infant pacifier. We couldn’t go anywhere without it.” —Nora M.
- “I swear by Halo sleep sacks. I didn’t use blankets for my twins, so it made me feel like they were warm and cozy, and it became a security thing for them. They wore them until they were two and then begged for them so much when I took them that I let them sleep with them as lovies.” —Shea H.
- “I wasn’t able to breastfeed exclusively, but it was hard finding a formula to supplement with that my little guy liked. After trying multiple products, The Honest Company Organic Premium Formula finally hit the spot.” – Lisa C.
- “The Happi Tummi Removable Waistband! I didn’t know anyone that had used one when we had my son, but thought we would give it a try. It was a miracle worker! If he was upset and we weren’t able to soothe him, we would place it in the microwave for 15 seconds, and put the band on him—awesome! I’ve used it also with my daughter, and it works like a charm. I buy it for all new parents!” —Cecelia N.
- “Onesies that have zippers. Anything with buttons was so hateful.” —Claire N.
- “Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads was succinct and on-point.” —Garrett W.
- “I am a huge Baby K’tan baby carrier advocate and recommend it to all my friends. My daughter loved napping in it and I loved how I could be hands-free and go for walks, clean up, etc. Also, it is super easy to learn—other wraps intimidated me.” —Anna D.
Related: Shop an entire selection of products just for the kiddos.
(Visited 169 times, 1 visits today)